Little White House Co.
Little White House & Co. is a little gem in historic Fort Langley. Located at 9080 Glover Road and built in 1910, this "little white house" has been transformed into part retail shop and part Salon Cafe. The shop sells home decor and clothing and the cafe serves lunch/brunch and high tea.
I finally had the chance to stop by for high tea in mid February. I arrived a little early, so I spent a little time browsing the shop. The moment I stepped in to the shop, I fell in love. The interior had a charming, rustic Parisian feel to it, it was so beautifully decorated. Most of the items in the shop were shades of white or pastel coloured.
As you enter the Salon Cafe, there are 3 seating areas which include a separate private dining room. The private room seats 8-10 people and would be a prefect spot to host a bridal or baby shower.
My guest and I ordered one of their "LWH Creme De La Earl Grey" Tea set ($24) and because it was the week of Valentines Day we also went with their special Valentines Day's tea, - the "Pretty In Pink". Both sets included a variety of savouries, scone, and French inspired pastries and sweets. The "Pretty In Pink" tea came with a mimi bottle of Henkell and their signature "Paris Pink Rose" latte.
The Pretty in Pink Valentine's Day tea set included:
- Paris Pink Rose Latte and a mini bottle of Henkell Rosé
- Top Tier: Pink Pistachio and Rose Petal Madeleine, Petit Pink Velvet Cupcake, White Chocolate Raspberry Macaron de Paris, Sweetheart Amour Shortbread, Pink Meringue Nests with Fresh Strawberries.
- Bottom Tier: Graham Bread with Cream Cheese and Cucumber/Radish Slaw, Tiny Harvest Roll, Caramelized Onion and Brie Petit Quiche, Savoury Rosemary Shortbread, Raspberry Sweetheart Scone with Raspberry Preserves and Devonshire Cream, Salmon and Dill Croissant.
The LWH Creme De La Earl Grey tea set included:
- Pot of Creme De La Earl Grey Tea.
- Top Tier: Sweet Heart Shortbread, Petit Souffle Cupcake, Macaron De Paris, Paris Rose Meringue.
- Bottom Tier: Graham Bread with Cream Cheese and Cucumber/Radish Slaw, Tiny Harvest Roll, Caramelized Onion and Brie Petit Quiche, Savoury Rosemary Shortbread, Raspberry Sweetheart Scone with Raspberry Preserves and Devonshire Cream, Egg Croissant.
Both my guest and I enjoyed our tea sets. The savouries and sweets were good and everything was freshly made. In the next month or so I plan on returning to try some of their brunch items. I can't wait to try the Pouf Pancake, the Cinnamon Brioche Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast and the rustic omelette. Don't they sound amazing? I hear they are to die for!
Reservations are highly recommended.
Little White House
9090 Glover Road,
Fort Langley, BC