Game On! Afternoon Tea
I love afternoon tea! It’s one of my favourite ways to spend a day catching up with friends. So how could I resist when I was invited to try the Fairmont Vancouver's newest themed tea.
The Fairmont Vancouver has a reputation as an iconic, classic hotel. But with their recent renovations to a more modern hotel, they have moved from a traditional "English Style" afternoon tea to creating more charming and creative themed tea sets. I've now had the pleasure of trying a few of their themed teas, including their Mad Hatter Tea Party and Canada 150. The newest themed set, Game On! Afternoon Tea, is my favourite. I love this playful twist - bringing together a love of classic board games with afternoon tea.
Set in the private dining room of the beautiful Notch8 Restaurant and Bar, the room is filled with classic board games like Operation, Monopoly, Connect 4, and L.I.F.E. The scene transported me back to my childhood playing these games with my family.
The lovely themed tea offers a selection of delicious scones, savouries and sweets in a book shelf like display. Each item is cleverly named and inspired by a classic game. The food is well thought out and fun, and what better way to enjoy delicious food than to eat and play one of the many beloved board games they offer.
- Chocolate Chip Scone, Apple Cinnamon Scone
- Clotted Cream, Berry Compote
- Go Fish - Niscoise Sandwich Ahi Tuna, Shrimp, Olives, Green Beans, Poached Eggs, Baby Potatoes, Anchovy Olive Tapenade
- King Me - Double Stacked Blini Smoked Salmon, Caviar, Herb Cream Cheese, Baby Dill
- Game of L.I.F.E. Sandwich Lettuce, Italian Sausage, Fig Mostarda, Emmental Imberico Ham, Filone Bread, Fior di Latte
- Chess-nut Tart Candied Chestnut, Duck Confit, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Duck Prosciutto, Wild Berry
- Double Domino Lemon Tart Vanilla Bean Short Dough, Lemon Curd
- Red Velvet XO Macaron Cream Cheese Icing
- Raspberry Heart Shortbread Card Raspberry Filled Shortbread, Icing Sugar
- Valrhona Top Hat Chocolate Mousse Dark Chocolate, Aramena Cherry
- Checkmate Battenberg Cake Sacher Torte, Lemon Madeleine, Almond Paste, Chocolate Chess Piece
- Chocolate Checkers Coin
I enjoyed every item. The portions were substantial that I had left overs to take home.
If you are looking for a more adult version of afternoon tea, "Tipsy Tea" is offered every Friday at 7pm until Nov 17th. Enjoy cocktails, delicious bites, and an evening of games - everything from a chill game of CandyLand to a competitive match of Monopoly.
Tipsy tea includes a tea tier of mouthwatering fare, Lot35 Tea and two cocktails per person.
Check it out because it only around till November. Enjoy!
Game On-Afternoon Tea
September 20 – November 26, 2017
Wednesday to Sunday, Sittings: 11am, 1pm, 3pm
Adults $59; Children $29.5 (ages 12 and under)
Game Night Tipsy Tea
Friday evenings from October 6th – November 17th, 2017, at 7PM. $75 per person.
Guests must be 19+ years of age.
Game On! Afternoon Tea @ Notch8 Restaurant & Bar / The Fairmont Vancouver
900 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia